provide our diverse student population with the tools needed for academic success
The primary focus of the LRC is to provide academic resources and support that will assist students in completing their medical education.
Our services are designed to help you develop lifelong learning skills. Services include tutoring, meeting with learning specialists, and workshops. Please explore all the Learning Resource Center has to offer.
Preparing for a Tutoring Session
Preparing for tutoring sessions requires some work on the part of the student as well as the tutor.
Prepare to get the most out of your session by following these tips:
- Know what you want to cover. Bring pertinent texts, notes, assignments and–most of all–your questions. The more specific your purpose, the more on target a tutor can be. Email your tutor ahead of time topics you’d like to discuss, if applicable.
- Attend all class sessions, whether live or on-demand. Your notes from class are the best resource on course content and determining exactly how your instructor is prioritizing the information.
- Try doing some practice questions before you meet with your tutor, even if it’s as few as 5. This will help you identify the specific areas you need help with and will prime your mind for learning.
- Be ready to make mistakes and receive feedback. After all, this is how the brain learns! Your tutor sessions are a safe space to learn more about concepts you are struggling with. It is a judgment-free zone.
- At the end of the session, be ready to summarize what you and your tutor covered as well as set your goals for the next session.
- Schedule your next appointment at the end of each session, if applicable. Regular review is the key to understanding course information.
Click on the link below to request a tutoring session, fill out the form and email your completed application to [email protected].
Find Out More
Become a Tutor
If you want to enhance your own academic performance. Tutoring others helps you retain and enhance the understanding of concepts you already learned! Our tutors typically outperform others on academic measures such as course grades and Step1.
We seek tutors for all courses. In the application, you will indicate which courses you are comfortable tutoring in. How can you choose?
- If you did really well throughout a course, it’s a match!
- If you didn’t do well on a course initially, but ended up doing well in the end, it’s a match!
- If you have a special knack for explaining concepts, it’s a match!
- If you love a specific topic and can’t stop talking about it, it’s a match!
- If you’ve tutored before, it’s a match!
- If you want to enhance your own academic performance. Tutoring others helps you retain and enhance the understanding of concepts you already learned! Our tutors typically outperform others on academic measures such as course grades and Step1.
Please refer to the Tutoring button on our home page to find out more information about the different types of tutoring services we offer.
Please email your completed application to [email protected].