Providing support in navigating the complexities of funding our students’ medical education
Committed to helping you take advantage of the full range of financial aid services available.
The Office of Student Financial Aid offers a range of financial aid-related services.
By assisting our students with their financial aid needs, we are able to:
- Increase access to health care and biomedical research careers for all learners, regardless of their social or economic background
- Allow learners to choose a career based primarily on their interests, skills and aptitude rather than financial considerations imposed by indebtedness
- Attract the very best students to the CUNY School of Medicine
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA will be available December 2023, not October as in past years. This is due to FSA implementation changes.
- Step 1: Request a FSA ID from the Department of Education here, so you can electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). *Only complete this step if you don’t already have an FSA ID.
- Step 2: Complete your 2023 – 2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and use the IRS data retrieval process after October 1, 2022, listing: CUNY School of Medicine Title IV institution code: 002688.
- Step 3: Student Aid Report – The Department of Education notifies you that your application was processed and provides you with a Student Aid Report (SAR). Review the SAR carefully for accuracy, and make sure our school code 002688 is listed. There will be a message on your SAR if additional information is needed to complete the process.
- Step 4: The School of Medicine will send estimated award letters to all future students who completed a FAFSA after October 1, 2022. Actual award notifications will be made available after matriculation.
- Step 5: Set up your CUNYfirst Account.
After your Seat Deposit is received, you will be provided access to your financial aid account using CUNYfirst. You can learn more about CUNYfirst and Student Self Service here.
In CUNYfirst you can check your “To-Do List Items” to see if any additional documentation is required to finalize your award package.
- In CUNYfirst, click the link which provides information on how to view, accept, and decline your awards.
- If you don’t see an award notification, check the “To-Do List” for instructions.
- If action is required, respond promptly to avoid packaging and disbursement delays.
- Accept or decline all financial aid offered and review aid against semester charges.
- Review your billing statement to make sure that it reflects all of the Tuition and Fee charges for your current semester enrollment status.
- Step 6: Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note
If you accepted student loans, you might be required to complete on-line Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at studentaid.gov. Check your “To-Do List Items” to see if any action is required.
- Step 7: Sign-up for Direct Deposit – In order to expedite your loan funds; students are strongly encouraged to sign up for Direct Deposit through CUNYfirst.
Financial Aid Forms
In order to download or print the following forms, please download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Financial Aid Office Forms
When submitting sensitive documents (ie: date of birth, address, citizenship), please use the new “Document Upload” feature in CUNYfirst Student Self-Service. After you upload the document in the secure portal, please send an email confirmation to [email protected].
If you need assistance, please download our Uploading a Student Document Through CUNYfirst Instructions.